A fantastic looking altar from St Andrew’s, Oxshott in Surrey. A commemorative piece to remember the life of Fredrick Phillips, a Canon of Winchester Cathedral, commissioned around 1903 and hand carved in the style of much of the furnishings present in the Cathedral which dates from 1093. The Gradine is separate and is inscribed in Latin: Et Verbum Caro Factum Est: And the Word Became Flesh.
Altar: 192cm W x 97cm H x 59cm D
Gradine: 192cm W x 20cm H x 20.5cm D