Protecting your data, privacy and financial details is very important to Antique Church Furnishings Ltd (“Antique Church Furnishings”, “us” or “we”).
This policy (together with our and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand the types of information we collect from you, how we use that information and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. By visiting our website at www.churchantiques.com (our “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Unless context otherwise requires, a reference to the Site shall be deemed to also refer to any Antique Church Furnishings mobile application (“App”) where such App is available.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Antique Church Furnishings Ltd at Fryleigh Farm Barn, Snower Hill Road, Betchworth, Surrey RH3 7AF.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, contact third parties via the Site, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, geographic location, financial and payment information, photograph, and copies of identification documents.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); what you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including the Website Terms & Conditions and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Antique Church Furnishings or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the website terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Antique Church Furnishings, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your personal data (for example, a first name, first initial of your surname) to a third party in order to fulfil a request. We may also use details of your transaction together with your first name, first initial of your surname for marketing and advertising purposes, unless you instruct us not to.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of Antique Church Furnishings who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from any unauthorised access.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- If we sell our business.
- To agents and service providers.
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber-crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to information
Depending on applicable laws, you may have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or our services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.